There is nothing like a receipe that has been handed down from generation to generation, this ones thanks to Alana's Nana.
1. Sift the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Create a 'shallow well' in the flour and crack the egg into it.
3. Whisk, gradually and add milk until the mixture is between single and double cream.
4. Gently heat a little butter/oil in a frying pan and when hot pour in a cup of the above mixture.
5. When cooked on one side, turn carefully with a spatula or if adventurous, why not give it a toss, practice makes perfect, good if you have a dog on hand to mop up any accidents!
6. Cook the other side until both sides are slightly brown.
Serve naked or dress as you feel fit....
Tell us below how you like yours?, send pictures to newsandfeatures@coffeecakeandkink and we will create a gallery to accompany this article.