Here at CCK we take privacy very seriously (in fact strictly!) and are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
We collect information about you for 2 reasons:
- to process your order
- to provide you with the best possible service.
We will only e-mail you if you have subscribed to our newsletter or made a purchase from us and we will always give you the chance to refuse any marketing emails from us in the future, by unsubscribing from the email list. We definitely do not pass your email or address details to third parties, unless it is to fulfil an order, we do have confidentiality agreements with our suppliers for drop shipping.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Your credit/debit card details (for security reasons these details are not stored on our website, see our Payment and Security section for details).
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by either emailing us or login into your shopping account. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
In line with wanting to know our customers and fans better, we may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
We do not store any credit or debit card details on our system. All card transactions are processed by SSL encrypted sessions at our processing providers - Protx and Paypal.
Now the legal bit! We will therefore never sell or disclose your personal information, except in the following circumstances:
- Agents. We may employ or enter a partnership with third parties to perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfillment, processing credit card details or customer service. They may have access to personal information necessary to perform those functions but will not be able to use it in any other manner. In the event of the termination of employment or termination of a partnership will be required to hand back all the data held and delete it from their computer systems.
- Suppliers. In some cases our suppliers will dispatch the goods purchased directly to you, which allows to reduce the overall shipping time and deliver the goods at your doorstep faster. In order to allow them to do so they require relevant personal information, such as your name and delivery address. Again, the information they obtain in this manner cannot be used in any other way and is protected by our supplier agreements.
- To comply with law and regulations. Courts and other legal institutions have the power to request all information needed to uncover fraudulent or criminal activities. We may be asked to make any part of the data held known to the designated institutions or organisations and required by law to do so.
- Protection of Coffee, Cake & Kink. We are entitled to use any of the information held for the protection of Coffee, Cake & Kink, its rights, property and safety.
- Protection of others. Coffee, Cake & Kink reserves the right to disclose any part of the information it holds whenever it believes the well-being of others may be endangered by keeping the information secret.
- Business transfers. As Coffee, Cake & Kink grows and expands we may enter business partnerships, acquire or sell assets. In such business transactions customer information is treated as one of the assets and, like the rest of them, is transferable.
- With your knowledge and consent. On some occasions we may be able to offer you special advantages that, however, require revealing your personal information to third parties not covered by any of the above. In such cases you will always be offered an opportunity to decide whether you wish to do this or opt against it.